Exhibition ‘We Do Remember’
1 September 2019 - 27 October 2019| €8
WE DO REMEMBER – 75 years of liberation Valkenburg
Berg, Terblijt, Vilt, Broekhem, Emmaberg, Heek, Houthem, St Gerlach, Geulhem, Keutenberg, Strabeek, Oud Valkenburg, Schin op Geul, Strucht, Walem, Schoonbron, Sibbe, IJzeren, Valkenburg Center.
From 1 September to 27 October 2019, Museum Valkenburg is organizing an extensive exhibition with more than five hundred, mostly never shown, documents, films, photos and objects.
Due to the size of the exhibition, it will be held at two locations: in Museum Valkenburg on Grotestraat Center and the former post office in the Lindenlaan in Valkenburg on Geul
This unique exhibition “We do Remember” covers four themes:
- The invasion of Valkenburg and the occupation by the Germans from 10 May 1940. The aircraft crashed in and around Valkenburg during the war are also highlighted.
- The story of the Battle of Groot Valkenburg; a chronological summary of the five-day battle between the American 30th Infantry Division and the 2nd Tank Division versus the German 275th Infantry Division and the 116th Infantry Division.
A special place has been reserved for the American soldiers who gave their lives on Valkenburg soil. We tell the personal story of these brave men. Who were they What did they look like? And where did they eventually die?
- The role of the 91st Evacuation Hospital in the St. Ignatius Monastery in Valkenburg and Rest Center Valkenburg for the US Army.
Our extensive research has yielded photos, facts, diaries and articles that have never been shown before, which had been in the possession of American veterans or kept in American archives for 75 years.
- The last witnesses: filmed interviews with residents from the municipality of Valkenburg who have special memories of this period and wanted to share them with us.
During the duration of the exhibition, various presentations and book lectures will take place during the day and in the evening, each of which will be announced on the website of the museum.
The start of this special exhibition is at Museum Valkenburg on the Grotestraat Center and the entrance fee is € 8 or Museum card + € 2. The entrance for our friends and beneficiaries, on presentation of their pass, is also € 2 per person.
Deel dit bericht, kies je platform!
Entree voor het gehele museum:
- € 8,00 p.p. (incl. gratis kopje koffie)
- Studenten: € 4,00 p.p.
- Museumkaart, begunstigerskaart, ICOMkaart en vriendenpas geldig
- Kinderen tot 12 jaar onder begeleiding: gratis